Thursday, November 14, 2019

BYM Update 11/14/19

BYM Updates

1. In the past three months I have been working with the Ben Lippen Football team as the Chaplain. Since the beginning of August, I have attended two practices each week (Tuesday and Thursday) and, of course, the games on Friday nights. Along with my dear friend, Gary Evans, I have been speaking to the team at the end of every Thursday's practice.

Abi & Charlie
2. In the last two months, I have had the privilege of officiating two weddings: The first (pictured on the right) was in October when two of my former students, Abi Williams and Charlie Reamer were wed here in Columbia, SC.

Then, my niece Lyndsey Strickland tied the knot with Cotey Brown (seen below) in my hometown of Savannah, GA. Both weddings went off without a hitch.

Lyndsey & Cotey Brown
3. Of course, I continue preaching every Sunday and Wednesdays in churches throughout Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Every now and then I speak at a retreat or a conference.

4. Then, I continue discipling people here in Columbia (10 different men/young men right now) and through 6 states and 2 countries.) As you already know, I streamline all those I work with to my blog. You can access my blog by clicking Byoung Ministry Blog

Praise and Prayer Items

1. Praise the Lord that my neighbor, Amy, got a job with the State, enabling her to move toward retirement in a few years.
2. Please continue to pray for several unsaved friends with whom I have contact.
3. Please pray for these two couples, Ami and Charlie, and Lyndsey and Cotey.
4. Please pray for Gary Evans and I as we conclude being the Chaplains of the Ben Lippen Football program.
5. Please pray for my speaking engagements on Sundays and Wednesdays.
6. Please pray that I communicate all through my blog.
7. Please continue to pray for my middle son, Will, who has been diagnosed with Brugada Syndrome. As you know, he was given an implanted defibrillator in February.
8. Praise the Lord that Ophelia, Will and Lucy's daughter, my Granddaughter has been checked and she does not have Brugada Syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment