Saturday, June 4, 2022

June 2022 Update

June 2022

Dear Friends,

God gives us stories with Him which enable us to know Him better but also to make Him known to others. We love the pleasant stories, but we do not like the not so pleasant ones. I have found that the not so pleasant ones render the greatest yield. Those not so pleasant moments not only hone our heart's ability to see the Lord more clearly, but those not so pleasant moments help us in describing to others what it means to have a personal relationship with God. I have found throughout my life when things get a little quirky, God is doing something that will have important outcomes in and through my life. And, if I practice patience and give Him enough time, He always produces a masterpiece as only He can. So, I find patience to be a very valuable commodity when it comes to knowing God and making Him known.

The purpose of this update is to let you know how your faithfulness plays a major role in this ministry. I thank the Lord on a daily basis for your prayers and/or your contributions to this ministry to which He has called me. In large part, your walk with Him has enabled you the ability to recognize His call to you to be involved in this ministry. For that, I am eternally grateful!

Recently, I found it amazing when a young man whom I've been meeting with for fourteen years came to faith in Christ. Just the other day, we were meeting and he said, "I've something to tell you. Do you remember the last thing you said to me when we last met?" I was clueless. After I made a few guesses, he then quoted me, saying, "You will never fix yourself, only God can do that." After this twenty-nine year old man told me those words that I had spoken to him just a week before, he then told me how those words drove him to crying out to God late into that evening. Then he told me that he invited Christ into his life. I was ecstatic within, yet, I modulated my outward response. Mind you, when I first met this young man for the first time in 2008, he was an atheist. What a joy to watch God work in his life over these many years. Without your involvement in this ministry, it would not have happened as it did.

A couple of weeks ago I received a phone call from a former student who attended Ben Lippen School in the early 2000's. After the small talk, he asked if I would perform his wedding. What an honor! I was elated to be able to tell him that I would be able to do it at no charge to him. I can not tell you how satisfying it is to be able to tell all who I officiate their wedding that they owe me nothing. Of course, often they ignore that statement, but it is down right cool to be able to make that offer since they might not be in a position to pay for such services.

In my last BYM update, I asked for prayer for Jonathan Britton who had a small benign tumor on his brain stem. This tumor was causing many difficulties for Jonathan, and the surgeons were fearful of trying to remove it because of where it is located. As a result of a certain magnetic procedure, there have been significant changes in Jonathan. In fact, the numbness and tingling in his appendages have disappeared. In addition, the panic attacks that he was experiencing have waned. This was in response to your prayers. Amazing! Please keep praying for him!

With regard to prayer, please be in prayer for some precious friends with whom Debbie and I are actively sharing our faith. Pray that Jack and Sue, our neighbors, will come to faith in the Lord soon. Please pray the Lord will convict them of their sin, His righteousness, and the judgment to come. 

Also, please continue to pray for the salvation and the spiritual growth of those who access our social media sites. I hear from many on a weekly basis with whom I engage in dialogue either on Zoom or by way of email. I find it amazing interacting with so many from the Philippines, India, Russia, and Africa. We are up to 179 YouTube subscribers and 304 Rumble subscribers. On our YouTube channel, we have had 2,426 views since the beginning of the year and on our Rumble channel, we have had 1130 views since January 1. See the links below to those sites. 

Finally, please pray for me as I continue to meet weekly with different individuals,  blog, and podcast every Monday through Friday. Also pray that I will communicate effectively when I speak every Wednesday and Sunday somewhere in the southeast. To the glory of God, I am booked to speak on Sundays for the next two years. I thank my God for you and your faithful involvement in this ministry.

Sincerely,
Bobby Young
A.C.T. Intl
803-260-6814
BYM WEBSITE
BYM YouTube
BYM RUMBLE
BYM Giving Fuel Page

No comments:

Post a Comment