Monday, April 24, 2023

April 2023 BYM Update

Dear Praying Friend,

Hello from Elgin, SC! I cannot thank you enough for the prayers that you and your family lift up to our gracious God on my behalf. The life that I live is without a doubt out of this world; there is so much that is unexplainable apart from the involvement of God. As children we all dreamed of what our lives would turn out to be and I can tell you, I never guessed that I'd be doing what I am doing. Your prayers are crucial for it to continue.

It has been a while since you last heard from me, and in the last four months a lot has happened. You may already know it, but on Christmas we returned to our home in Elgin, SC from Debbie's mom's in Wilmington, NC to burst pipes. I had left all of the pipes in the house dripping, too. After some intense investigation and 35K dollars worth of damage, it became evident that I failed to drip the hot line in the kitchen. Ouch! It has taken four months to get back to normal. I am grateful to many who have helped us get back to normal! Among the many lessons learned about our God and ourselves, we are learning that our pain enables us to have a ministry of empathy with others. And, often we discover that the said empathy aids in sharing the gospel with others. If it means people are coming to the Lord Jesus for salvation and a personal relationship, so be it.

Speaking of salvation, in the past four months we have witnessed three different individuals come out of the darkness into the marvelous light of the Lord. Please pray for me as I work with these young believers. Pray also that their hunger will deepen them in their walk with the Lord Jesus. Currently, I am discipling about six different men one on one. Then there are a few Bible Studies that I am leading. One of these Bible Studies is with a group of men from Hammond School. For years I vowed to never be of any help to the folks at Hammond, but the Lord had different ideas. It always amazes me when I see the unfolding of His will in my life. He truly has a huge sense of humor.

Last month, I flew out to Phoenix, Arizona to officiate the wedding of my good buddy TJ whom I met in 2010 at the College Baseball World Series. When we first met, TJ wanted to fight; over time he has become one of my best friends. TJ was wed to his wonderful wife Marie who is a native to the Phoenix area. It was amazing, the whole wedding party was housed together in a house with eight bedrooms and four baths. Boy was I living the dream for a fleeting three days.

I continue to speak every Sunday and Wednesday somewhere in the southeast. In fact, I am booked for the coming two years. Please pray that the Lord's favor continues as I really enjoy teaching God's people His word. You may also have noticed that I expanded my podcast into Apple Podcast and Spotify. Through the blog and the podcasts, we are discovering that the Lord has continued to give us favor with many throughout the world. In fact, a growing part of the ministry has come through the questions that many have regarding the blog and the podcasts. Currently, we are reaching about a thousand each month through the blogs and the podcasts.

Finally, please continue to pray that I remain faithful to God, my wife, and His word. Pray that I am able to do a good job at being His servant. I find as long as I follow Him, He does the work. I am blessed that He includes me along on this great adventure. And, thank you for your walk with Him. It is your walk with Him that enables you to be sensitive in heart regarding our prayer needs and our financial needs. As has been the case since June of 2018, He has met all of our needs every month since. When I first stepped out in faith, not knowing where my next months pay check would come from, He from the outset had been most faithful. You play a major role in it all for which I am profoundly grateful. Should you and your family have any needs that I can help with, I would be honored to be of any help. May God richly bless you and your family, my dear friend.

Bobby Young

BYoung Ministry Website

BYM Givingfuel website


No comments:

Post a Comment