Thursday, October 26, 2023

October 2023 Update

Dear Praying Friend,

Years ago, I heard Billy Graham say, "Two things in this world will last forever, the Word of God and the souls of people." When I heard those words, I knew they would have a great impact upon my days on this earth moving forward. Daily, I meet people who do not have a personal relationship with the Lord. And, as I get closer to my real home, the more I am moved to share the gospel with them. Please pray for effectiveness as I share with them.

Recently, I went in to a local restaurant and began a conversation with the owner. Almost immediately I knew that I would have to move slowly with this man and develop a relationship with him before discussing the things of eternity.  Sure enough, as the weeks rolled on we became friends. Then one day a few months later he asked me what I did for a living. At that point I was able to share my story with him and then the gospel. To my surprise, he was amiable to the things of the Lord. About two months later he made a profession of faith in the Lord.

Having said that, I cannot begin to thank you for your involvement in BYM. Your prayers and your financial support are a huge part of it all. It is by God's grace that I have been given so many opportunities to speak with people all over the world about their eternity. Just this past weekend I had the privilege of spending four hours with two childhood friends, one of which I had not seen since 1981. To make a long story short, one of those two guys has had a plethora of questions pertaining to God and salvation. In fact, he went on to tell me about five different men who have influenced him greatly; each one was a believer in the Lord Jesus. As he shared this with me I was reminded of the prayer that I have prayed for him since 1981. "Lord, send people into his life that know you and would be willing to share the gospel with him." Please join me in that prayer in the hope that he trusts Christ as his Savior soon.

I continue to speak every Sunday and Wednesday in the states of Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. What a blessing to share in the ministry of the Word of God in these various places. In addition, I am blessed to be working with several individuals right now encouraging them in their faith. With some I meet weekly and with others not as frequently. Currently I am discipling several different individuals and am preaching in six different churches with a certain measure of regularity. Please continue to pray for my wife, Debbie. As you may know, she continues to teach fifth grade at Ben Lippen School here in Columbia, SC. She is such a great teacher and her students love her dearly. 

Many of you may remember, our middle son, Will, was diagnosed five years ago with Brugada Syndrome. He, his wife, Lucy, and their children continue to do well. Will continues to enjoy teaching elementary age students at a charter school in Winnsboro, SC. Our oldest son, Greg, and his wife, Demi, will soon welcome baby #2. This is grandchild #5 for Debbie and me. Please keep Greg and Demi in your prayers as the baby is due in November. 

Recently, our youngest son, Geoffrey, has gone through many tests to determine whether or not he also has Brugada Syndrome. He is waiting to hear from the cardiologist any day now regarding the results of genetic testing that has been recently performed on him. If his doctor informs him that he has Brugada then he will have a defibrillator inserted just under his left arm similar to his brother, Will. Please pray that we all roll with the punches when it comes to the will of God for our lives. On a brighter note, Geoffrey also recently became engaged to Michala, whom he met on a missions trip a couple of summers ago. We look forward to her joining our family.

Finally, our website and our other social media spots indicate that we have had well over 42,000 hits in the past year. The countries represented by those who visited our social media spots are Canada, China, France, Germany, Iran, Israel, Kenya, the Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK. Every week I hear from those who have either read the blog or have listened to a podcast. Almost always they ask a pertinent question regarding the content of the blog or the podcast. What a blessing to know that we are bringing together the Word of God and the souls of people. Please continue to pray!

Sincerely,

Bobby Young



No comments:

Post a Comment